On May 30, 2022, BIR Issued the Revenue Memorandum Circular (RMC) No. 77-2022, which suspends all field audits of the BIR covered by Letters of Authority (LOAs)/Mission Orders (MOs) relative to examinations of taxpayers’ books of account and accounting records. As such, no field audit, field operations, or any form of business visitation in the execution of LOAs/MOs should be conducted, nor any new LOAs/MOAs ve further issued, except in the following cases:
- Investigation of cases prescribing on or before October 31, 2022
- Processing and verification of estate tax returns, donor’s tax returns, capital gains tax returns, and withholding tax returns on the sale of real properties or shares of stocks together with the documentary stamp tax returns related thereto
- Examination and/or verification of internal revenue tax liabilities of taxpayers retiring from business
- Audit of National Government Agencies (NGAs), Local Government Units (LGUs), and Government-Owned and Controlled Corporations (GOCCs) including subsidiaries and affiliates
- Other matters/concerns where deadlines have been imposed or under the orders of the Commissioner of Internal Revenue
However, service of Assessment Notices, Warrants and Seizure Notices should still be effected. Also, taxpayers may voluntarily pay their known deficiency taxes without the need to secure authority from concerned Revenue Officials.
Inventory of all outstanding LOAs/Audit Notices, and Letter Notices as of May 30, 2022, shall be submitted to the Office of the Commissioner in Excel format (Annex A of the Circular), both in softcopy in CD/DVD and hardcopy, on or before noon of June 15, 2022.