The Commission hereby resolves to FURTHER EXTEND the deadline for amnesty applications until 06 November 2023, and amends previous memorandum circulars for the purpose. Accordingly, the Commission also resolves to provide the following guidelines:
To provide the public with updates information and relevant materials (e.g., Frequently Asked Questions) regarding the amnesty program, and to guide applicants through the process, all applicants are referred to the SEC Amnesty Microsite at https://amnesty.sec.gov.ph/.
The Commission reiterates the following in relation to the amnesty application process
- Filing of Amnesty Application. The Commission shall continue to accept an Expression of Interest (EOI) to avail of the amnesty from eligible corporations, until 06 November 2023 through eFAST.The public is reminded that the EOI is a web-based from integrated in the online amnesty application module in eFAST. Applicants no longer need to separately download the form and manually accomplish it.
Corporations not yet enrolled in the eFAST shall first comply with SEC Memorandum Circular No. 28, Series of 2020 (MC 28) by submitting their official and alternate mobile phone numbers and email addresses using the prescribed form through the MC 18 Submission Portal at https://apps010.sec.gov.ph/mc28-list-temp/SecuritiesandExchangeCommission.
They shall then enroll in the eFAST by creating their company accounts, and accomplish the web-based EOI form in the eFAST to signify intent to avail of amnesty.
Corporations already enrolled in the eFAST may access the online amnesty application module using their respective company accounts in eFAST, and may immediately proceed with the application process.
Corporations, whose only violations is noncompliance with MC 28, should still avail of the amnesty to benefit from the lower penalty of Php 5,000.00 (instead of Php 10,000.00).
- Submission of Reportorial Requirements. Non-compliant corporations which shall have uploaded and submitted the correct reportorial requirements, i.e., their latest due General Information Sheet (GIS) and AFS, including those reverted for compliance, within the submission period or until 04 December 2023, shall be considered to have completed the amnesty application process and may, thus, be entitled to a Confirmation of Payment (COP) which shall be downloadable via eFAST.In the case of corporations whose Certificate of Incorporation have been suspended or revoked, their respective Petitions to Lift Oder of Suspension/ Revocation shall be uploaded and submitted along with their latest due GIS and AFS within the submission period, or until 04 December 2023.
In addition, corporations whose Certificates of Incorporation have been suspended or revoked shall submit the following requirements in support of their respective Petitions to Lift Order of Suspension/Revocation not later than 04 December 2023:
- Directors’ or Trustees’ Certificate;
- Latest due AFS, as received by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR);
- Latest due GIS, as received by SEC;
- Copies of Certificate of Incorporation and latest Certificate of filing Amended Articles or By-laws (if any) together with latest Articles of Incorporation and By-laws;
- Copy of registration of stock and transfer book or membership book;
- Secretary’s Certificate of No Intra Corporate Controversy;
- Sworn Certification by the External Auditor;
- Proof of ongoing operation, such as but not limited to:
- Audited Financial Statements;
- Income Tax Returns;
- Mayor’s or Business Permits;
- Receipts showing payment of Real Estate Tax;
- Certification/Recognitions/Annual Conventions; or
- Any similar/related documents.
- Latest Mayor’s/ Business Permit;
- BIR Certificate of Registration;
- Certification form the Corporate Secretary that the Latest Financial Statement and Income Tax Return was received by the SEC and BIR, respectively; and
- Compliance with SEC Memorandum Circular No. 28, Series of 2020.
Corporations whose Certificates of Incorporation have been suspended or revoked shall initially submit the digital copies of the aforementioned additional requirements to the SEC Company Registration and Monitoring Department or to the nearest SEC Extension Office through email:
|The SEC Headquartersfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|SEC Baguio Extension Officeemail@example.com|
|SEC Tarlac Extension Officefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|SEC Legazpi Extension Officeemail@example.com|
|SEC Iloilo Extension Officefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|SEC Bacolod Extension Officeemail@example.com
|SEC Tacloban Extension Officefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|SEC Cebu Extension Officeemail@example.com|
|SEC Cagayan de Oro Extension Officefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|SEC Davao Extension Officeemail@example.com|
|SEC Zamboanga Extension Officefirstname.lastname@example.org|
- Forfeiture of Amnesty Fees. Should an applicant-corporation fail to submit the complete set of requirements within the prescribed periods, as indicated in the preceding paragraphs, the amnesty fee of Php 5,000.00 for non-compliant corporations and 50% of the total assessed penalties for suspended/revoked corporations, as well as the initial petition fee of Php 3,060.00 applicable to suspend/revoked corporations, shall be forfeited.
- Refund of Overpayment . Refund of the amnesty fee for non-compliant corporations shall not be accommodated, except in highly meritorious cases, subject to existing accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
Corporations are given only until 06 November 2023 to signify their intent to apply for amnesty and settle corresponding amnesty fees.
The period from 07 November 2023 to 04 December 2023 shall only be dedicated to the submission of supporting reportorial documents for all applications. Failure to comply within the submission period shall warrant the forfeiture of the paid amnesty or filing fees of the Commission.
In view of the foregoing amnesty extension, the updated scale of fines and penalties for the covered reportorial requirements shall be implemented on 07 November 2023.
This Circular shall take effect immediately upon of its publication in a newspaper of general circulation.